Thursday, September 3, 2015

Who am I


My name is Wiebke Leser. I am fifteen years old and a Junior in high school. I was born in Emmendingen Germany. My father is a chemist, my mother is a lector and author for children and young adult books. I have two older sisters. When I was twelve we moved from Germany to the United States because of my father’s job. I started singing when I was about five years old. Acting didn’t become a part of my life until later at about the age of ten however it wasn’t until I came to Cheshire Academy that I seriously started doing it. I came to know that it was something I very much enjoyed so I decided to take a class about Literature and Performance which this Blog is for.
My two sisters are named Charlotte(17) and Hannah (20). Charlotte is currently a senior in high school. Hannah is in her second year at Hamburg Stage school studying Musical Theater. All three of us enjoy singing and acting. My family owns two horses and horseback riding is one of my oldest hobbies. I grew up with horses. I have been playing an instrument since the age of five. When I came into fifth grade I went to a Musical based Middle School where I learned the flute for two years and later the alto saxophone which I still play.  I was a part of the School’s orchestra and Big Band then and am a part of my current school's Jazz Band. Photography is something I enjoy as well as I have recently discovered my passion for sailing and a year ago I started Track and Field with the event pole vault.

As a person I am outgoing and self-confident. I think one of my biggest strength is that I hate to give up on things. I always want to finish what I start and that to the best of my ability. Debating even difficult topics with others is something I enjoy and I am able to think out of the box. I am fluent in English and German and take French as a third language. I enjoy reading, and also writing. I love to travel, learning about different people and their cultures in different places of the world. From Europe over Indonesia to Morocco and Tunisia I can say from myself that I have been to quite a lot of different places.



Musical performance with flute and later the saxophone on stage started for me in fifth grade. At that time I was also singing in a Chorus. It wasn’t until I moved to the United States in eighth grade that I seriously started acting and taking private singing lessons. One of my favorite roles included Go to Hell Kitty in the school production Chicago, and Andrea in the school production of Brecht’s Galileo Galilei. Even though I don’t have any previous experience I have always been interested to try out directing.
Theater, singing and music has a big impact in my life. For that reason I decided to take a Literature and Performance class and as I go into my Junior year I am curious what new things this class can teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment