Saturday, October 31, 2015

Written Task Script

Balcony Scene Act II Scene II
[Enter Romeo Enter Juliet above]
ROMEO
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief
That thou, her maid, art far more fair than she
It is my lady. O, it is my love!
O, that she knew she were!
JULIET
O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name,
ROMEO
I take thee at thy word.
Henceforth I never will be Romeo.
JULIET
What man art thou that, thus bescreened in night,
So stumblest on my counsel ?
How camest thou hither?
The orchard walls are high and hard to climb,
And the place death , considering who thou art,
If any of my kinsmen find thee here.
ROMEO
stony limits cannot hold love out,
And what love can do, that dares love attempt .
Therefore thy kinsmen are no stop to me.
JULIET
If they do see thee, they will murder thee.
ROMEO
Than twenty of their swords. Look thou but sweet,
And I am proof against their enmity.
JULIET
I would not for the world they saw thee here.
ROMEO
let them find me here.
My life were better ended by their hate
Than death proroguèd , wanting of thy love.
JULIET
Thou knowest the mask of night is on my face,
Else would a maiden blush bepaint my cheek
But farewell compliment .
Dost thou love me? I know thou wilt say “Ay,”
Or, if thou thinkest I am too quickly won,
I’ll frown and be perverse and say thee nay,
ROMEO
Lady, by yonder blessèd moon I vow,
That tips with silver all these fruit-tree tops—
JULIET
It is too rash, too unadvised , too sudden
May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet.
Good night, good night.
ROMEO
O, wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?
JULIET
What satisfaction canst thou have tonight?
ROMEO
Th’ exchange of thy love’s faithful vow for mine.
JULIET
I gave thee mine before thou didst request it,
ROMEO
Wouldst thou withdraw it? For what purpose, love?
JULIET
My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep.
[ Nurse calls from within]
I hear some noise within. Dear love, adieu.—
ROMEO
Sleep dwell upon thine eyes, peace in thy breast.

Act IV Scene I

JULIET O, shut the door, and when thou hast done so,
Come weep with me, past hope, past care , past help.
FRIAR LAWRENCE
O Juliet, I already know thy grief.
I hear thou must, and nothing may prorogue it,
On Thursday next be married to this County.
JULIET Tell me not, friar, that thou hearest of this,
Unless thou tell me how I may prevent it.
Do thou but call my resolution wise,
And with this knife I’ll help it presently.
< She shows him her knife. >
FRIAR LAWRENCE
Hold , daughter, I do spy a kind of hope,
If, rather than to marry County Paris,
Thou hast the strength of will to < slay > thyself,
Then is it likely thou wilt undertake
A thing like death to chide away this shame,
JULIET
O, bid me leap, rather than marry Paris,
From off the battlements of any tower,
FRIAR LAWRENCE
Hold, then.
Go home; give consent To marry Paris.
Tomorrow night look that thou lie alone;
< Holding out a vial. >
Take thou this vial, being then in bed,
And this distilling liquor drink thou off;
When presently through all thy veins shall run
A cold and drowsy humor; for no pulse
JULIET Give me, give me! O, tell not me of fear!
FRIAR LAWRENCE ,
< giving Juliet the vial >
Hold, get you gone. Be strong and prosperous
In this resolve. I’ll send a friar with speed
To Mantua with my letters to thy lord.
JULIET Love give me strength, and strength shall help afford .
Farewell, dear father.
[FRIAR LAWRENCE exits]

JULIET
< She takes out the vial. >
What if this mixture do not work at all?
Shall I be married then tomorrow morning?
< She takes out her knife and puts it down beside her. >
No, no, this shall forbid it. Lie thou there.
What if it be a poison which the Friar
Subtly hath ministered to have medead,
Lest in this marriage he should be dishonored
Because he married me before to Romeo?
I fear it is. And yet methinks it should not ,
For he hath still been tried a holy man.
How if, when I am laid into the tomb,
I wake before the time that Romeo
Come to redeem me?
Romeo, Romeo, Romeo! Here’s drink. I drink to
thee.
< She drinks and falls upon her bed within the curtains. >

Act III Scene III
FRIAR LAWRENCE
Romeo, come forth; come forth, thou fearful man
Affliction is enamored of thy parts
And thou art wedded to calamity
< Enter Romeo. >
ROMEO
Father, what news? What is the Prince’s doom ?
FRIAR LAWRENCE
A gentler judgment vanished from his lips:
Not body’s death, but body’s banishment.
ROMEO
Ha, banishment? Be merciful, say “death,”
Much more than death. Do not say “banishment.”
FRIAR LAWRENCE
Here from Verona art thou banishèd.
Be patient , for the world is broad and wide.
ROMEO
There is no world without Verona walls
Calling death “banishèd,”
Thou cutt’st my head off with a golden ax
And smilest upon the stroke that murders me
FRIAR LAWRENCE
O deadly sin, O rude unthankfulness!
ROMEO
’Tis torture and not mercy. Heaven is here
Where Juliet lives, every unworthy thing may look on her,
But Romeo may not.
Displant a town, reverse a prince’s doom,
It helps not, it prevails not. Talk no more.
FRIAR LAWRENCE
O, then I see that have no ears.
ROMEO
How should they when that wise men have no eyes?
Thou canst not speak of that thou dost not feel.
Wert thou as young as I, Juliet thy love,
Then mightst thou speak, then mightst thou tear thy hair
And fall upon the ground as I do now,
< Romeo throws himself down. >
Taking the measure of an unmade grave.
[Knock < within. > ]
FRIAR LAWRENCE
Arise. One knocks. Good Romeo, hide thyself.
Who knocks so hard? Whence come you? What’s your will?
NURSE ,
< within >
Let me come in, and you shall know my errand.
I come from Lady Juliet.
FRIAR LAWRENCE
, < admitting the Nurse >
Welcome, then.
< Enter Nurse. >
NURSE
O holy friar, O, tell me, holy friar,
Where’s my lady’s lord? Where’s Romeo?
FRIAR LAWRENCE
There on the ground, with his own tears made drunk.
NURSE
O, he is even in my mistress’ case ,
Just in her case.
Blubb’ring and weeping, weeping and blubb’ring.
Stand up, stand up. Stand an you be a man.
For Juliet’s sake, for her sake, rise and stand.
ROMEO ,
< rising up >
Spakest thou of Juliet? How is it with her?
Doth my name lodge? Tell me, that I may sack
The hateful mansion.
< He draws his dagger. >
FRIAR LAWRENCE
Hold thy desperate hand!
Art thou a man? Thy form cries out thou art.
Thy tears are womanish; thy wild acts < denote >
The unreasonable fury of a beast.
Unseemly woman in a seeming man,
And ill-beseeming beast in seeming both !
What, rouse thee, man! Thy Juliet is alive,
For whose dear sake thou wast but lately dead :
Ascend her chamber. Hence and comfort her.
But look thou stay not till the watch be set,
For then thou canst not pass to Mantua ,
Where thou shalt live till we can find a time
To blaze your marriage, reconcile your friends ,
Beg pardon of the Prince, and call thee back
ROMEO
Do so, and bid my sweet prepare to chide.
NURSE
Hie you, make haste, for it grows very late.
< She exits. >
ROMEO
How well my comfort is revived by this!
FRIAR LAWRENCE
Go hence, good night Sojourn in Mantua. I’ll find out your man ,
Give me thy hand. ’Tis late. Farewell.
ROMEO
But that a joy past joy calls out on me,
It were a grief so brief to part with thee. Farewell.
[They exit. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment