Thursday, November 12, 2015

How to write a body paragraph...?!

In the beginning of the play Juliet is calm and quiet. She is the perfect young woman in the late 1500s. She is reserved and listens to her parents. Before the feast at which Juliet and Romeo first meet, her mother tells Juliet about Paris, a potential future husband. She asks Juliet to meet him to which she responds: “I’ll look to like if looking liking move. But no more deep will I endart mine eye Than your consent gives strength to make i fly.” Juliet says she will meet Paris, but won’t go any closer to him than her mother wants her too. She listens and does what her mother tells her to. This is the way young women in 1597 are suppose to act. In Act II Scene II, I played Juliet. In this scene I showed Juliet’s traits of the proper well behaved girl when Juliet’s nurse calls from inside the house, I shrug as if I have been caught doing something wrong. I had held Romeo’s hand as as we swore our love to each other before, but when the nurse calls I immediately let go and back away from Romeo. I quickly say goodbye and exit into the Capulet’s mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment