Wednesday, November 18, 2015

When Will My Reflection Show...

 When Will My Reflection Show...
In my visit at the writing center we worked mostly on the structure of my paper. My textual analysis sections are longer than my performance analysis sections. The order of Textual and Performance analysis was also not well organized as the pattern was not consistent. I will have to look at the structure more closely. Another issue is that I already have over 2000 words but am still missing one performance paragraph on costuming, and gender switch of the actors, as well as a conclusion paragraph. I will go through my essay one more time and try to shorten the analysis part. This will help me in two ways: First it will reduce my number of words and Second it will equalize the balance between Textual and Performance analysis. I will watch the Video of our performance one more time to see if there are important performance decisions that I am still missing in my essay. In addition to that I will add another performance analysis paragraph to maintain that balance. This paragraph will include two visuals that show the costuming in our performance. I also still need to add my Citations and my title page.

Next time when I go to the writing center I will take my paper and read it through carefully beforehand to get rid of as many spelling and grammar mistakes as possible so I will not be held up by small language mistakes, but can even more into the bigger structural differences during the tual appointment. When I went to the writing center this time I brought a printed copy of my draft. This proved very useful as we could go through and make corrections with a pen, which was much more efficient and practical than having to do it on a computer.

In our workshop in class I worked mostly on my thesis and Introduction as these started of  not that good. I also took almost all of an entire class period to look through the paper of one of my group members and giving him feedback and advice. This also gave me a better understanding how the structure could be set up and how bot.

Overall I think my paper is getting there. I have the most part behind me as I have typed almost all the words. I had some difficulties to keep up during the past weekend as was performing in the school production of Peter Pan which keeped my very busy. Therefore on Monday evening I typed 1000 words. This was probably the reason why my structure is a bit messy. I will need to go over that and do some edits and final touch ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment